We live in a fast paced world. With work, house chores, pets, children, sports, church, and all the other commitments we have... it can be hard to find the time or effort to give back to ourselves.
But one simple ritual, can truly change the way our mind and body feels.
Soaking in the tub has many benefits that you don't want to be missing out on! Aside from being relaxing, taking a bath can improve both your mental, and physical health, too...
- Bathing improves heart health by making your heart beat a little faster, and giving it a healthy workout.
- Taking a bath can also help you to breathe easier by opening up your lungs and sinus cavity. Your brain and nervous system also greatly benefit from taking a break for a bath.
- Bathing can reduce pain and inflammation in the bones and muscles as well as calm the nervous system.
- Water is linked to increasing levels of serotonin, the chemical in our brain that induces feelings of happiness, and fulfillment.
- Taking a hot bath can burn up to 100 calories! It's also a great place to practice stretching and moving sore muscles and joints.
We know it can be hard to find the time, but you owe it to yourself!
Start by picking a certain day and time during the week. Choose a time and date when you don't have other things planned. Bath night, will be something to look forward to, and as you feel the benefits of it, you will likely find a way to fit more than just one bath night per week in.
Think of it as self-care. Taking a bath has the ability to nurture your mental and physical well-being.
Turn the lights down dim, light a candle, have a beverage of your choice and let the tenseness, worries, and weight of the day wash away. For added benefits, try adding some Epsom Salt and Essential Oils to your bath water. Oils such as Lavender are known for calming and relaxing you, Peppermint is great if you are congested; and citrus oils such as Lemon or Wild Orange are great for helping you to feel alert.
At Pelham & White, we are committed to providing you with the very best customer service, satisfaction, and resources available in choosing the bathtub that is perfect for you. We invite you to call us today, and see what sets us apart in the bathtub industry. We love what we do!
For more inspiration, check back soon